Thursday 1 April 2021

45 minutes around sunrise

 Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

Sunrise this morning was at 06.56.  There were conflicting weather forecasts.  One was indicating total cloud cover, the other was for 70% low cloud and no middle or high cloud.  The latter offers the prospect of the low cloud being lit from below as the sun rises so I took my chances.

It was all bit of an April fool as the reality was that there was very little colour in the pre-sunrise.   The sun rose through haze which served to scatter the light and prevent any great colour.

However, it was a morning out before sunrise gets to be absolutely silly-o'clock and an opportunity to exercise the gear (which involved dropping a 2 stop graduated filter on the wet sand - I forgot my gloves and my hands were freezing in the stiff onshore wind).  The wind also destroyed any possibility of good reflections of the sky in the water on the beach.  Much of the foreground in the last 2 images is not ripples in the sand but ripples in the water caused by the wind.

The forecast for the next 2 days is for wall-to-wall clear skies so I doubt if I can be persuaded to make the effort.

The images below are in sequence and were taken over a period of 45 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment