Sunday 28 March 2021

Coastal path - 2 ships

Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

The North Down Coastal path has been a regular walk for me during lockdown.  25 minutes from home gets me to the seafront in Bangor and depending on how far along the path I go, walks will range from 4 miles to almost 10 when I include the walk home.  

A day last week I decided to take a camera with me, not with anything in particular in mind but to see if there was anything interesting along the way.  I was approaching where I was due to leave the path to make my way back home along roads when I realised I hadn't seen anything I hadn't already photographed and the dull, overcast day didn't provide any light that might inspire me.  

I said to myself "You come along here for the exercise but today you carried the dead weight of the camera all this way for nothing.  Go down to the rocks and see if there is anything."  (It was the Fuji XT20 with the 18-55 kit lens so the reality was that it didn't weigh that much, but it was the principle!)

The following are a small selection of what I took.  These aren't great but you will be glad you didn't see the rest!  They have a common factor apart from the fact that they were taken close to the coastal path - in each of them there are the same 2 ships at anchor on the horizon.  You may have to look at the images larger to see them.






No comments:

Post a Comment