Thursday 29 April 2021

Bluebells

   Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

Bluebells in the rain.  The forecast was cloudy but it forgot to tell me that the cloud would contain heavy rain.  However, the light was soft and perfectly suited to the subject. The trees initially provided some shelter but by the end of 2 hours I was fairly wet (my waterproof jacket didn't let in but my trousers were well soaked from the rain dripping off my jacket).  The conditions meant that I didn't change lenses and the lack of wind and the use of the lens hood meant that the front element stayed dry.  Other than that the gear had water running of it by the end!

The following is a selection of pictures including one ICM which didn't really come off so I must experiment with this a bit more. Previous ICM attempts which were more successful used a shutter speed of 1/5th whereas today I used 1 second.  The ICM attempts were at the end of the session so the only thing I can say about not using different shutter speeds is that I was tired and wet!  No commitment, must try harder!








Wild garlic and bluebells

ICM


No comments:

Post a Comment