Friday 23 April 2021

Belfast Lough sunset 22 April 2021

 Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

It had been a clear blue sky day but a few wispy bits of high cloud appeared over County Antrim an hour before sunset.  A 15 minute drive took me to Grey Point where I enjoyed a quiet hour but busy hour as the sun went down. There was little wind but the sea still had a few ruffles on it so I used the 6 and 10 stop Lee stoppers (not together!) to smooth out the water and provide muted reflections. The time between the first and last images was 1 hour.

The sun was quite harsh before it dropped behind the Knockagh Hill and I used this time to photograph at 90 degrees from the sun.  This provided the first 3 images.

Looking east



Looking west



Once the sun had dropped behind the hills I turned my attention to the colour in the sky and reflected in the sea for the final two images.  I wasn't altogether happy with the composition of these two as I would have liked to get down lower but just where I was it would have proved a difficult scramble so I stayed high. 



No comments:

Post a Comment