Thursday 4 March 2021

Strangford Lough Grey day part 2 - Six posts

Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe

How did I arrive at this composition?


At first glance this doesn’t look like the most inspiring subject.



I walked around a bit along the shore and trying different viewpoints, focal lengths and shutter speeds.  For a clean image it was important not to have any of the posts overlapping - either the posts themselves or their reflections.  The tide was rising and eventually lots of the untidy seaweed in the foreground of the earlier shots became submerged.





I eventually came up with the composition in the first image, settling on 6 of the posts with good separation.  I had originally planned it to be in black and white but seeing it on screen I was attracted to the colour of the seaweed attached to the posts and how the reflections of the posts allow a view of the submerged stones.  





No comments:

Post a Comment