Wednesday 3 March 2021

Strangford Lough - grey day

 Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

I had been down at Mount Stewart yesterday for a walk with my other half and because it was a dull grey day I decided not to take a camera.  Mistake.  When we returned to the carpark there was a pale shaft of sunlight over a couple of the islands in Strangford Lough which made them stand out vividly against the misty background on the other side of the Lough.


They are a long way out and the camera on my phone would have been a waste of time.  With a similar weather forecast today I returned with the camera gear but the weather gods didn’t smile and all I got was dull grey haze.


This called for black and white.  The first image is of the island that caught the light yesterday and the second is a part of the Mount Stewart Estate which is separated by the road from the rest.  For a time the wind was very light and allowed some reflections.





Processing these revealed a number of dust spots on the sensor.  I hate dust spots and of course they can be removed in processing but I prefer to have a clean sensor to start with so part of this evening was spent doing a clean,  first of all with the Arctic Butterfly which removed some, but it took repeated wet cleanings before I was happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment