Sunday 28 February 2021

Misty Clandeboye

 Click on the images to see a much larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe

The forecast was for 100% cloud cover at sunrise so I thought there was little point in setting an alarm.  Wrong!  I happened to waken just after 7am to find quite thick mist.  Hurriedly gathered the gear together and got out before it disappeared as the sun rose above the clouds.  Where to go close by?   

I immediately thought of several images I made of some trees in the Clandeboye Estate and as it was only 10 minutes drive away I hoped the mist would linger long enough to enable me to add to my set showing the trees in different seasons and conditions. The mist was thinning quite fast and with a half mile walk from the car to the trees it was touch and go. 

It wasn't as good as I had hoped but a pleasing image nonetheless with the bare branches in complete contrast with the 3 previous shots from the same location:



This is work in progress and I need to do this shot again with a hard frost and or snow.

I managed a couple more as I wandered around before heading home for breakfast:





No comments:

Post a Comment