Monday 22 February 2021

Sunrise 21-2-21

 Click on an image to see a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

Back to the coast on Sunday morning.  Again the bank of cloud on the horizon prevented any decent colour in the wispy clouds at sunrise.  The tide was ebbing when I arrived leaving some beautiful pristine sand.  First location was the diagonal rocks which I have photographed many times.    However, while waiting for the light to build and maybe get some strong colour a dog walker passed behind me.  Pity the dog didn’t and it completely spoiled the sand in the foreground.  Anyway the owner apologised  but the damage was done.





I made my way further along the beach to another rocky outcrop.  The first attempt didn’t really work but I’ve included it here for the record.  Part of the problem was that my 3-stop graduated filter wasn't clean resulting in flare on the rocks and a general softening of the image directly below the sun.  All cleaned properly when I returned home.




Just on the other side of this outcrop was another small isolated one with beautiful ripples in the sand where water was running down from a pool.   I wanted to include them as they were catching the light but to maintain a clean horizon (omitting the south side of the bay) I had to place the rock and the sun in the centre of the frame.  The overall effect isn’t the greatest composition but the reflections and the subtle colour palette made quite a pleasing image.  No flare problems with this one.  It was worth making the effort of getting out of bed early.




No comments:

Post a Comment