Friday 12 February 2021

High tide, Donaghadee

 Click on an image to see a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

A high tide and a strong south-easterly wind saw me in Donaghadee at lunchtime to see if there might be any good waves breaking over the lighthouse.


It was a bit disappointing but I was pleased to get some waves breaking and also to include the Lifeboat Saxon which has been the lifeboat here since 2003.






Saxon returning to harbour in January 2014.



I was invited to the commissioning ceremony for this lifeboat - the husband of a former colleague in work is a crew member.   I had taken several pictures of the boat when it first arrived and one was used as the basis for the logo on clothing for the crew.  Earlier pictures of the lifeboat were shot on film and I don’t have digital copies - I should do a search for the negatives/transparencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment