Sunday 17 January 2021

2020 Review - November

 

Click on an image to see a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.

Started the month with some black and white printing.  All A3 size - 5 images of various trips to Iceland and one of Tenaya Lake in Yosemite National Park (after Ansel Adams!).  To misquote the great man: The [digital file} is comparable to the composer's score and the print to its performance.  


Back in the mountains on a dismal foggy day, this time with the Fuji XT20.


Social distancing at lunch, hunkering down on the lee side of the wall.


It eventually cleared.  I thought the black and white treatment of this brought out the  triangles of the mountains - Doan, Binnian and Wee Binnian retreating into the distance.


Another one of the Tollymore bridges destroyed in the October storm


Tollymore in its autumn colours






And I rediscovered the remains of the church which I first came across a number of years ago but had forgotten it's location.


A stop on the way back at St Donard's Church of Ireland in Dundrum


Back to the mountains.  At the beginning of the month I started carrying the Fuji XT20 with me in the mountains but on this occasion I took it out of my rucksack at the back of the car to get at my hat and gloves and forgot to either hang it round my neck or put in back in my rucksack.  It was a shame because here was some good light and I had to resort to my phone.

The millstone on Slievenaglogh


The end of November we had another outing to the Mountains and I made sure the XT20 was packed!

This huge piece of rock was perched on smaller boulders (like a dolmen).  Was it a glacial erratic or had it fallen from the crags above? Probably the latter as it was too angular and sharp edged to have been carried there by ice.


Social distancing on the move.


Great light on Ben Crom with Doan on the right and Slieve Muck in the distance.

The crags of Cove Mountain

And finally the view back up the Annalong Valley.  The foreground looks more like the African savannah than the Mourne Mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment