Saturday 12 June 2021

Belfast Lough sunset 11 June 2021

    Click on the images for a larger version.  All images copyright Leslie Ashe.


The prospect of between 50 and 60% low cloud, some high cloud and a rising tide over the sunset period got me out to Grey Point on the south shore of Belfast Lough.  I arrived about an hour before sunset and scouted around for a few compositions based on where the sun would be setting.

The low cloud was a bit stubborn around sunset itself restricting the view of the light on the high clouds.   However, patience paid off and about 30 minutes after sunset I was treated to some lovely fleeting colour in the sky over Black Head.  The foreground rocks are not what I would have wished in the final couple of images but when the colour appeared it was well to the right of where I would have expected it and I didn't have time to move to a different location.

The following images were taken over a period of about 90 minutes.  Shutter speeds ranged from 30 seconds to 4 minutes.











No comments:

Post a Comment