Saturday 21 November 2020

Camera left behind

It's been 6 years since I blogged anything.  Helping out a friend who wants to get something published on the web brought me back.

I'll try to post more regularly.

Back to the blog.  Last week was a day's walking in the Mourne Mountains, Northern Ireland with the aim of finding the millstone on Slievenaglogh.  Arrived in the Trassey carpark at 8am to find there was a bitterly cold wind.  I decided to put on an extra layer before setting off and took my camera out of the rucksack to get at my jacket.  

Some lovely light as we proceeded up the Trassey Track encouraged me to get the camera out, only to discover that I hadn't replaced it in the rucksack.  

The best camera is the one you have with you so a couple of images with my iPhone had to suffice:


For information about this millstone see: http://www.irelandseye.com/aarticles/travel/nature/landscape/mournes/millstones.htm?fbclid=IwAR2uX-9cso-k4-6bPRDTn3nWbGsng4FgNemWhJSyspanp4JZysGr5dD43PQ

Also came across this interesting granite tor which I will revisit with a real camera!






1 comment:

  1. I can confirm all of the above. I was there all-the-way.

    ReplyDelete