Sunday 27 November 2011

Greyabbey sunset

Friday afternoon I was otherwise engaged and as a result missed a spectacular sunset - I was told the sky was ablaze with colour!  Yesterday was fairly miserable with high winds and rain but today the rain had cleared and although the wind was still quite strong I decided, after consulting the tide tables, to take a quick run down to Greyabbey in the hope of a sunset.  Unfortunately there was a band of cloud low on the horizon with the result that colours were more subtle than I would have liked.

However, the tide had just turned when I arrived and after about 20 minutes the mud flats were starting to emerge just around sunset.  This meant that there was still sufficient water lying on the mud to give a reflection.  I took a number of shots immediately after the sun went down and hung around hoping for the high cloud to be illuminated from below.  Didn't happen because a rain cloud drifted in.  The joys of landscape photography - there's always another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment