Thursday 3 November 2011

Autumn colour

 
One of the wettest autumns since records began left many trees looking grey rather than the expected colour.  I visited Tollymore Forest Park on the first day for weeks when it was to be dry but without any great expectation of coming away with good pictures.  This is an ongoing project to photograph aspects of the Park at different times of the year.

It was better than I hoped.  The oaks were well coloured and the beech had just started to turn.  Fortunately the recent winds hadn’t ripped the leaves off the trees. It was a cloudless day – perfect for those using the park for walks but the high contrast had me searching out areas of shade along the Shimna River.


The one favourable aspect of the day was that there was no wind which allowed me to photograph autumn leaves with long exposures against a background of blurred water in the Shimna River.

Tollymore rarely leaves me without anything worthwhile and I was pleased with a triangular pool in a rock which was filled with beech leaves.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment