Sunday 20 May 2012

Spent a very pleasant afternoon on the southern side of the Mourne Mountains.  The planned pictures didn't materialise as they needed overcast conditions.  Just as I arrived the sky cleared and the afternoon was delightfully sunny.  Change of plan - I spent a while exploring around a small abandoned granite quarry and then round an outcrop of rocks. 

Rocks and Crocknafeola Wood
(Pronounced Crocknafoyle)

Lesson learned - check all 4 corners of the frame.  The picture above has a cowpat in the bottom right corner.  While it's not too noticeable in this size of picture, my eye cannot miss it when viewed full-screen.  My excuse is that I was trying to get a composition that hid an untidy small farm and its outbuildings (together with discarded tractors and other assorted farm machinery) behind the foreground rocks. 

If I had spotted it I would have tried a new composition - I wasn't going to move it!  Oh the joys of landscape photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment